Sunday, June 26, 2011

Raspberry Tart

Photobucket

My favorite kinds of desserts involve fruit so naturally, I gravitate to and crave fruit tarts. I have shown you my favorite french apple tart on here before and today, because it's summertime and berries are ripe for the pickin', I want to show you this unbelievably simple miniature tart I concocted this weekend.

Photobucket

You will need the three ingredients above {plus some sugar for dusting at the end} and feel free to use whatever berries you like! 

Photobucket

Slice whatever shape you would like the tart to be and bake the pastry squares on 400 degrees until they are puffed and golden. If you would like the pastry to lay flat rather than puffed, prick the uncooked dough with a fork.

Photobucket

I didn't photograph this next part: heat up half the jar of jam with a teaspoon or two of water to thin it out. Once the jam has a smooth texture and is cooled, spread the sauce onto the pastry and then decorate with the fresh berries. Glaze the top of the berries with the raspberry sauce and dust the tops of the berries with "Sugar in the Raw" for sweetness and texture. {a light dusting of powdered sugar would be pretty too... or you could drizzle a homemade white icing on top- or white chocolate! Ooohhh... I should have tried all these! Maybe you can?}

Photobucket

And it's simple as that! I think these would be adorable little desserts for showers, parties, 4th of July, etc. The possibilities are endless. Did I mention how delicious they are too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...