Thursday, June 23, 2011

Clever Trevor

Photobucket

As I was perusing through one of my all-time favorite magazines {like since I was 10- ask my grandmamma} I came across this article and thought it too creative and well, "clever", not to share. Have you seen it?

Photobucket

This article was geared towards those who love to entertain but either do not like to cook or do not have the time to cook for their guests.

Photobucket

For appetizers, the guy, that this article is about, suggests going to the store and buying simple munchies like potato chips, french onion dip, pistachios, etc and serving them in beautiful bowls and trays. I don't know about you but presentation has a lot to do with how I judge something I want to eat. The prettier it looks, the more I want it!

Photobucket

For the main course, he always orders pizza and takes it out of the box and onto a beautiful platter. He then puts all different kinds of toppings in dainty little bowls so guest can individualize their pizza slices.

Photobucket

Moving onto dessert... he buys fresh gourmet donuts from the bakery, places them on a beautiful glass cake stand with a dome and voila! An elegant dessert! Look at how he glamorized a box of Neopolitan ice cream...

Photobucket

You can read how he did this below:

Photobucket

I mean, when I think about it, people have probably been doing this for years but I love just how GLAMOROUS he made entertaining and he spent barely any time in the kitchen. I love spending time in the kitchen but I wouldn't for all appetizers, main course, and dessert... I mean, something's gotta give. So how cool is it that you can entertain in style without the pressure of cooking all three courses?

Maybe you had a revelation seeing this like me, maybe not... but I just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...