Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Actually... hold that thought.

Well, my life is quite the roller coaster. I simply have to live it one day at a time because the next day is bound to bring change, highs, lows, good news, bad news... anything you can imagine. Seriously, I laugh because that is how it is. I always say God has a sense of humor by putting me in this lifestyle I live because I like to have a plan and stick to it... That, I absolutely cannot do being the wife of a baseball player... and it's only making me a more "go with the flow" kind of person and I am thankful for that.

Last Thursday, Mom and I were putting the finishing touches on everything we had packed and the phone rings. It was Aaron... He asked me what I was doing... I told him I was just finishing up packing... He said I might better stop... Huh? What? What do you mean?... He said he was coming home to see Dr. Andrews about his shoulder and that we might be home for another couple of weeks.

I really wasn't that flabbergasted. I kind of expected it, just not this soon... not two days before I was supposed to make the road trip to be with him. I'm serious, I really feel like I'm on a wild roller coaster... but I LOVE roller coasters so I'm not complaining too bad!

We haven't seen the doctor yet, so we're just thoroughly enjoying our time at home together until then. It's been exactly a month since I last saw him {in person} and life has been really really really good these past few days.

But today I'm here to blog about our weekend before I was reunited with my man. Dad, mom, Jessica, and I went to watch Jessica {and Emily} in their triathlon. I was supposed to be racing with them, however my compartment syndrome I came down with a couple of weeks ago booted me to the sidelines as the photographer/cheerleader.

I was one PROUD big sister.

Photobucket

Yes, she is a rock solid athlete... I mean, who is smiling at this point in this particular kind of race???

Photobucket

They swam, biked, and ran... and most of these are just of Jessica because Emily threatened instructed me not to put any of her on here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were SO proud of our Jessy Leigh! She was 13th overall in the women's division. Oh yeah, she SMOKED it!

Photobucket

Sorry Em... but you look so hardcore in this picture I just had to sneak it in!

Photobucket

I was so proud of my Em!! {fyi, we will be living in Scottsdale with her and Brad when we ever make it out there...}

Photobucket

After the triathlon, we made a detour to the cabin to "jerk some perch" with Papaw.

Photobucket

And that we did!

Photobucket

We are currently visiting the in-laws, and I got to spend this whole day with my Grandmomma and Grandaddy! That always makes for a good day... more on my little visit later.

We go to the doctor on Monday to find out what the final verdict will be... to do a second surgery or to wait and see... so until then, we are enjoying this time together, and with our friends and family.

I'll be back sooner than later! {I hope}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...