Monday, February 21, 2011

"Jerkin' a Perch"

Photobucket

This weekend, we headed up to Papaw and Charlotte's fishin' cabin to "jerk a perch" as Papaw calls it. {translation: to catch a fish} Anytime we want to get away from the real world, cell phone service, and the daily grind, we retreat to the cabin to eat, sleep, visit, and catch fish.

Photobucket

And catch fish, we do.

Photobucket

This time around we didn't catch anything over 4 lbs... only the hyperactive idiot middle-school aged fish were racing to the worm.

Photobucket

Photobucket

But it's not all about jerkin' perch...

Photobucket

It's about lying on the swing with a good book...

Photobucket

and catchin' rays...

Photobucket

where naps after noon are totally acceptable...

Photobucket


Photobucket

listenin' to the crickets chirp...

Photobucket

observing nature and wildlife...

Photobucket

Photobucket

killing a "no-legs" when it comes charging our way...

Photobucket

It's where a cup of coffee, the warm morning sun, and your new favorite book is the reason you get out of bed...

Photobucket

Oh, and I cant forget Charlotte's hot biscuits {or "catheads" as Papaw calls 'em} fresh out of the oven...

Photobucket

Well maybe I should just show you REAL reason I get out of bed...

Photobucket

Crispy bacon, sausage, grits, "catheads" with jelly, and fried eggs... I got up bright-eyed and bushy tailed every morning!

It's where the canines are just as excited to start fishing as the humans.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Occasionally Papaw runs out of his Vantages {his cigs} and this time he sent Jessica and I to the tobacco store in town to buy him some. Before I could tell the girl behind the corner what cigs I wanted, she asked me what kind of cigarettes did the person I was buying them for need... Obviously Jessica and I looked like fish out of water. {Thank God} Then we went to Sonic and treated ourselves to slushees... and Papaw got his nicotine fix. Everyone was happy!

Photobucket

When we're not eating, reading, or napping, we're in the "yacht" {what Papaw's calls his boat} jerkin' a perch.

Photobucket

and Aaron is the captain when Papaw's not with us...

Photobucket

And then Papaw cleans 'em...

Photobucket

fries 'em...

Photobucket

and then we eat em'...

Photobucket

Weekends never last long enough, but the relaxing ones at the cabin give me the boost I need to hit the ground runnning when I get home. I cherish these times with my family... especially these last few days while Aaron is still in town.

Photobucket

More on that subject later... I hope you enjoyed "jerkin' a perch" with me today!

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you're reading the Pioneer Woman's cookbook...I love that thing. And I did the same thing...read it from cover to cover!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...