Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Just Workin' on my Fitness

Photobucket

Hey there readers! I should be studying right now... whoops. {But memories are important too!} Anyways, just thought I'd show y'all some pictures of our triathlon last weekend. Yes, Dad and I got to finish together!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our support crew was present and mine was barely awake. He has it so hard...

Photobucket

We swam 600m, biked 17 miles and ran a 5k. This race was a lot shorter than what we have been training for and dare I say, harder {because you have to go faster!}... Let's just say, my speed work has been lacking and I was about to "diagnose" myself with asthma before the race was over.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was all smiles! Until the run... 

Photobucket

Thankfully Dad was able to catch me in the middle of the run {I started before him} and I just might have thrown up {pardon the pun!} the white flag if he hadn't have pushed me like he did.

Photobucket

Here I am gasping for air through a smile at the camera... {It was only a few minutes of pain, the rest was fun I promise!}

Photobucket

But it paid off because I won my division! Yay!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And as a nursing student I have to admit... The entire race I was subconsciously analyzing what was happening to my body at the cellular level and beyond...     I know...      I know.    At least I was "studying", right?!

2 comments:

  1. you are such a baller! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "speed work was lacking" but you won your division?? Please girl, you are amazing!! You may inspire me to actually run one race at some point in my life :).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...