Thursday, May 17, 2012

Green Thumb

Photobucket

I stayed with my Grandmomma and Grandaddy the other night while in Mississippi, and as soon as I got out of the car and hugged their necks, we were walking around the yard looking through their gardens of flowers and vegetables.

Photobucket

When you combine their experience, expertise, hard work, and good weather... it's only natural that their yard would be this beautiful.

Photobucket

So beautiful... I had to run to get my camera and snap away...

Photobucket

They have always had a garden as long as I can remember... tomatoes, string beans, butter beans, lady peas, peppers, different kinds of lettuce, etc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorite fruits they grow are the plums. {They're different than the grocery store kind and much more delicious}. 

Photobucket

You better believe I ate as many ripe ones as I could find!

Photobucket

The blueberries will be ripe soon I hope.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think my favorite picture is the one below... Grandmomma was workin' in the kitchen getting supper ready for us to eat... A fabulous cook is one of the many hats she wears!

Photobucket

And as always... it did not disappoint. Do you see what I mean? It just doesn't get any better than this, in my humble opinion.

Photobucket

And guess who else I got to see?!?!!!!!!! One of my very best friends Jane Gray.

Photobucket

To say these past few days have been special and refreshing is an understatement. Unfortunately we had to reunite under sad circumstances... her sweet Papaw died... and she had a very special relationship with him. I was so thankful to be there with her and for her.

 But on a joyful note guess who else I got to see...

Photobucket

Sweet baby James!!  {He thinks it's funny to kick me as hard as he can!}

Photobucket

I will be back soon with more details from our time together. I miss {them} already!!

Oh, and one more teaser thing...

Photobucket

Here's another delicious reason to come back for the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...