Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On the Up-swing

Photobucket

Aren't you glad summer is officially here? I can hear some of you southern folk thinking, "Uh... honey, it's been feeling like summertime for months." And I brag and say, "It's just now getting warm up here in the Northwestern U.S. and it's still chilly at night!" {And truth be told, I'm wishing it was warmer.} The fruit is so succulent this time of year and I am taking full advantage. I hope you are too! I even tried my own version of this mixed fruit tart and well, it tasted good and it looks good whole, but it doesn't serve well so I'm going to have to make some modifications and then maybe I will post the recipe.

Photobucket

The reason for my title is that the past couple of weeks I have been down for the count. I suffered a very very bad allergic reaction from something {and I'm still trying to figure out what it was} and while 95% of it has disappeared, it's still lingering. I have been doped up, lathered in prescription steroid cream, covered in oatmeal junk... I've tried everything and my efforts are slowly but surely being awarded.

Photobucket

Aaron even started calling me "Mrs. Quaker Oats".

Photobucket

I am guessing it was something I ate because my lips swelled three times their normal size and were covered in hundreds of miniature oozing blisters... Sorry to be so graphic, but it was really that bad. I broke out in a raised and painfully itchy rash down my whole body with emphasis on my face... oh yeah, the only places I would go outside of the home were the Urgent Care, the pharmacy, and Walmart. I wouldn't even be surprised if I made the "People of Walmart" website. It was a miserable week and a half for me and I am so so SO thankful to be on the up-swing.

Oh, and I'm down to three guesses of what it might be that caused it: mangoes, my blistex sunscreen lip balm, or my Jergens Natural Glow facial moisturizer. But mangoes is my first guess {because of my lips and full body breakout}, and it's tragic because they are so cheap and so GOOD! Have any of you had anything similar or am I just a freak? Does anyone know about mangoes having that sort of effect on people? {Or any other food for that matter?}

Photobucket

On another "up-swing" note, I made a new friend this week. Danielle dates one of the guys on the team and she came for a few days... Gosh it was refreshing to hang out with a girl my own age! Last year was so easy and fun having Emily and Lyndsey with me 24/7 and this time around I've just been hanging around dudes. But I've also been socializing with some of our local friends and we love them.

Photobucket

The kids, and the adults... but sadly, I forgot to get pictures with our "grownup" friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had a dermatologist appointment today, so I didn't make the three day road trip to Spokane. I celebrated the 4th with our sweet friends... complete with delicious food, furry friends, and fireworks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Good thing they live across the street from the fire station! {Although it looks like the fire station is on fire, it's not, my ISO setting was too low from shooting the fireworks my poor camera was stressed out}

Photobucket

Ironically, the firemen had the best fireworks in the neighborhood!

Photobucket

We head to Salem, Oregon in a couple of days for a five day road trip and guess which three little characters I'll be "refereeing" when I get there? Oh yeah, the hooligans... if you were around the blog last summer you might remember them. Just what I wanted for my burfday!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...