Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Home

Photobucket

At a team cookout last week, each player had to stand up and introduce themselves by saying their name, where they were from, etc. Well, when Aaron's turn rolled around he introduced us and {jokingly} told everyone that we are from Tri Cities, Washington. The whole crowd erupted in laughter because they have all seen what Aaron has been through with his shoulder and he just keeps coming back year after year! The one perk of coming back, is that we know so many of the locals and the fans. They are so gracious to us and have welcomed us, yet again, with open arms.

Photobucket

Aaron and I tell ourselves that Washington is our "summer home". Speaking of home, here are some pictures of our little one bedroom, fully furnished {thank God} apartment.

Our cozy {but bare} living room...

Photobucket

My little cooking "nook"...

Photobucket

A table and chairs!!!- circa 1982 {so we don't have to eat on the coffee table like we did last year}

Photobucket

Our very large handicap-accessible bathroom...

Photobucket

Our very large room with a closet so big you could throw a party in it!

Photobucket

And my plastic bedside table... {it's all about improvising!}

Photobucket

And speaking of improvising...

Photobucket

On a typical night we don't get home until about 10:30 and sometimes later. So, to prevent the morning sun from waking us up at 6:00 every morning, Aaron came up with this classy little contraption. I've been missing my spatula in the kitchen!

And for my favorite part of living where we do...

Photobucket

There's not one, but TWO hunny bunnies!!!!

Photobucket

And they are friendly little kitties...

Photobucket

Apparently they think we're pretty friendly too... they keep wanting to come in the house!

Photobucket

And apparently they're pretty good friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The first time I saw these little hunnies I got a little teary eyed. It had only been a few days since our little Rudy got run over and something makes me think that God had these little orange ones waiting on me. God can bless you with great big things, but I love the small things as well. These little animals warm my heart everyday.

Photobucket

This little fella looks just like Rudy did when he was a kitten, so I've just told myself that maybe this is him in his second life!

Well, that's all for today folks- I'll be back soon with a very clever article I read in one of my Martha Stewart mags that I have to share!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...