Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Happiest Day, Vol. III

Hey, it's me and I'm back!

Photobucket

Now for the last volume of the series... This little "project" I decided to take on is getting a little time consuming! I did not expect it to take this long. So here you are, the final recap of our Big Day....

After the ceremony, all the guest started walking towards the barn for the reception.

Photobucket

The bridesmaids obviously b-lined it to the food after the ceremony and I sure don't blame 'em!

Photobucket

The food we chose was our favorite kind of food: good 'ol southern home cookin'. Yes, gumbo, sliced beef, black eyed peas, a baked potato bar, a grits bar, roasted vegetables, salad bar, and venison that my Dad and Aaron had killed that previous hunting season. My grandaddy cooked it that day and it was the first thing gone! Oh, and please don't nominate us for My Great Big Redneck Wedding! I promise we're civilized!

Photobucket

We served sweet tea, punch, and a hot chocolate bar. I wouldn't know, but people still talk about how delicious the hot chocolate was... looks like it to me!

Photobucket

Speaking of chocolate, the chocolate fountain was a popular spot at the reception...

Photobucket

Photobucket

When the reception was over, there was hardly any chocolate dripping.

Photobucket

My wedding cake was everything I asked for, but it should've been bigger... little did we know.  Towards the end of the reception, I looked over towards my cake and it was no longer there! Every last slice was eaten.

Photobucket

We had a great team of cake cutters though!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aaron's cake was almost everything I wanted also... I would've liked for it to have been much larger and I imagined the chocolate shavings as curly Q's but the shavings ended up matching the texture of the wood chips on the ground so it worked!

Photobucket

Obviously the photographers weren't Mississippi State fans... they thought it was a W. Another one of those things to laugh off about the day.

Before we entered the reception, Jason and Tammy stole us away for a few more pictures while the lighting was still right and the moon was full.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we made our way back to the reception, we mixed and mingled with our guests.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some ate inside the barn, and some ate outside on the picnic tables.

Photobucket

Meanwhile all the little ones played on the swings...

Photobucket

and my Mom and Dad even sat down to eat and chat with guests...

Photobucket

I think they were just as happy as Aaron and I.

Photobucket

Back to the reception timeline... We cut the cake and made our toast.

Photobucket

And I'll just be honest here... I almost gagged when he fed me the cake. It was delectable but my stomach was so nervous/excited, that I almost couldn't swallow it without gagging. Hopefully, I played it off well! Ha!

Photobucket

These little cups were the same glasses that Aaron's parents drank out of at their wedding. How cool is that? Another one of those sentimental details.

Then it was off to slice the grooms cake. Thank God I didn't have to take a bite out of that one... I think chocolate would've sent me over the edge!

Photobucket

After the cake tasting, we danced our first dance. The song we chose was Kenny Chesney's "Me and You". Everytime I have ever heard this song, it's taken me back to our younger years and the words of the song just say it all.

Photobucket

Ordinary, no
Really don't think so
Not a love this true
Common destiny
We were meant to be
Me and you

Photobucket

Everyday, I need you even more
And the nighttime too
There's no way I could ever let you go
Even if I wanted to

Ordinary, no
Really don't think so
Just a precious few
Ever make it last
Get as lucky as
Me and you
Me and you

Photobucket

I was obviously in "la la land" while we were dancing because I could've cared less about my dress... I just wanted to be as close to the boy as possible!

Photobucket

Then it was time to dance with my Dad...

Photobucket

And the song I chose for us to dance to was "I Believe in You" by Steven Curtis Chapman. I heard it in high school and the words don't get any closer to our relationship. I knew that by choosing this sentimental song, that I would get emotional but I knew that song was "us" to a T.

Photobucket

Aren't you the little one
That hid in my arms afraid of the thunder?
Are these the little hands
That held so tight to mine?
Didn't we both agree you'd never grow up
And now here we are
And here you go
Of all the things I want to say
The thing you really need to know is...

Photobucket

I believe in you
Yeah, I believe in you
Everything you are
Everything you are becoming

And I believe in you
Yeah, I believe in you
So spread your wings and fly
On the winds of knowing I
Always believe in you

Photobucket

So many prayers we've prayed
So many dreams to get to this moment
Now this is where we stay
While you go change the world
But I'll be where I have always been
Up in the stands cheering you on and
Singing this song
A song the very God who made you
Has been singing all along

Photobucket

I believe in you
Yeah, I believe in you
So spread your wings and fly
On the winds of knowing I
Will always believe in you

Photobucket

And when you rise and when you fall
I'll still believe in you
Just close your eyes and hear me calling
I believe in you
Oh, I believe in you

Photobucket

So yeah, let's just say I had another meltdown... but it was a happy, thankful, sentimental meltdown.

And then we "got our act together" again and were ready to have some fun!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aaron even signed a few autographs!

Photobucket

We decided to go with a DJ so that we could play all types of music from oldies to country... We had so much fun!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It meant SO MUCH that so many of my Chi O sorority sisters were there for me that day... and they all came ready for the party in dresses and cowgirl boots!

Photobucket

In keeping with Chi Omega tradition, all of my sisters gathered around me and my groom, locked arms, and sang "Shades"... Our classic song we sing at almost every significant event.

Photobucket

Gosh I love 'em and miss 'em!

Now, let me tell you about Aaron's little "impromptu concert" he gave at the reception... It was a hit! And I was so SHOCKED {and embarrassed!} ha

Photobucket

Photobucket

The DJ -out of the blue- asked Aaron if he wanted to get up there and sing Zac Brown Band's "Chicken Fried" {which was getting to be a very popular hit at the time) and Aaron being himself, said "Yeah! All I know is the chorus but sure!"

Photobucket

The crowd really got into it.. HA!

Photobucket

And then my FATHER gets up there with him and they sing a duet...

Photobucket

This is the effect they have on each other. They are both REALLY BIG kids in adult bodies... that's all.

Photobucket

{Speaking of kids and inmaturity} It came time for Aaron to take off my garter... and in this case, a picture is worth more than a thousand words.

Photobucket

Oh yes he did.

Photobucket

And please notice the "three stooges" in the background...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The two characters on each end were sent by the groom to go buy an XXLARGE pair of very lacy GRANNY panties and came back with that stupid skimpy pair...

...and what is more embarassing than anything was that my first thought when I saw them was, "Wait! How did those get on my leg!???!"

Photobucket

But I wasn't mad because I deal with this humor every day with him... He loves NOTHING MORE than to get a "RISIN'" out of me. I always say he's the brother I never had.

Photobucket

Moving on from the hooligans!...

Photobucket

I tossed the bouquet...

Photobucket

And the winner was... Lauren!!

Photobucket

And then Aaron threw the garter and the winner was... Clay!!

Photobucket

Then I started getting really, reeeeally tired and famished {low blood sugar- it made me want to gag to eat, remember?} and it was time to call it a night.

Photobucket

We ran through a path of sparklers and were showered with sunflower seeds.

Photobucket

We decided to be cheap old-fashioned and let the groomsmen decorate Aaron's truck... what was I thinking?

Photobucket

Actually, my face says it all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We left our wedding and I really don't want to sound "gay" but I was... my heart was overflowing. I was exhausted, hungry, nervous, emotional, and I was the happiest girl.

Photobucket

I had just lived the day I had thought about, talked about, and dreamed about my whole life.

Photobucket

And no, every little detail was not perfect but it didn't have to be.

Photobucket

I could go on and on about what being married for two years has taught us but that's for another time... All I know is, I love my husband.

Photobucket

And he loves his wife.

Photobucket



Photobucket

The End.

Photobucket

Well, not really... It was only the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Jill Carter. This has been so fun recreating this special day with you. Love the pictures, but even more love your heart and how your wedding day captured you and Aaron to a "T".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...