Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Happiest Day, Vol. II

Photobucket

So let's pick up where we left off from yesterday... I've gotten ready, seen my dad, seen my groom...

The next few hours we took a loooottt of pictures... We had fun though!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And we talked and giggled and the girls took pictures of their own...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And goofed off...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and chilled out...

Photobucket

Apparently, two little maids of honor had been swipin' chocolate fondue in between pictures...

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you know our family very well, or read the blog, you might notice how much Aaron loves his sisters and how much Julie and Jessica love their brother. Love is a strong word when taken seriously and I'm tellin' you- they love Aaron as much as they love me... their own flesh and blood for heaven's sake!!

Photobucket

Can't you just feel the love in these photos? It's mutual affection with these 3.

Photobucket

And these three of course!

Photobucket

I want to show you one of my favorite pictures of the day... This was the first time I saw Mrs. Vickie in my dress {Aaron's mother} and I love the genuine look on both of our faces... She is so special to me and I thank God for how he has blessed our relationship. She is way more of a friend than a mother in-law!

Photobucket

This is another one of those you can just "feel the love" in!

It meant so much to us to have almost all of our family members present for our special day...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aaron's Pop and Papaw...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and some of the McLendon cousins...

Photobucket

Grandmomma and Grandaddy...

Photobucket

and the Carter side of the family...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This picture makes me smile... even the little people {these happen to be my little Carter cousins} had fun at a wedding!

Photobucket

Meemaw and Papaw JB...

Photobucket

Photobucket

and Papaw and Charlotte...

Photobucket

and the whole Pitts side of the family...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had plans for the wedding parties to go over to the church and have snacks and refreshments before the ceremony but we took so many pictures we lost track of time! And before we knew it, guests were starting to trickle in...So what contraption did the maids come up with for concealing the bride?

Photobucket

They were my "shield"... We were crackin' up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We made our way into the barn to freshen up and steal the first dibs on the reception food. We were having a good time... Can you tell?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When it was time, everyone in the wedding party went outside to line up for the ceremony.

Photobucket

While the mothers, grandmothers and bridesmaids were making their way down the aisle, two harpists (daughters of one of the doctors my Dad practices with) played all of my favorite hymns. For instance, when the grandomothers were being seated, I chose "In the Garden" to be played because that was my favorite hymn Grandmomma used to sing me to sleep with. Almost every detail of the day was sentimental in some way.  

Photobucket

The music was heavenly... although the wind was loud and it was hard to hear from the back. Elizabeth sang "For the Beauty of the Earth" before my Dad walked me down the aisle.

Photobucket

The song could not have been more perfect with the setting.

Photobucket

For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies

Photobucket

For the beauty of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon and stars of light

Photobucket

For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above,
Pleasures pure and undefiled

Photobucket

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Lord of all to thee we raise

Photobucket

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
This our song of grateful praise.

She angelically sang the modern version of the hymn and it was powerful enough to bring you to tears... Well at least it did me!

You may have noticed the magnolia leaves going down the aisle and weaving around the rustic arbor... They were branches cut from my Great Grandmomma Merle's prized magnolia tree. She loved her magnolia tree and to have a piece of her there was so special.

Another thing you may have noticed, or should I say not noticed, was the lack of rose petals going down the aisle. That was one of those Oops! of the day... In all the madness we just flat out forgot. Like any of us cared anyways!

My dad and I had a special time waiting before the ceremony.

Photobucket

He gave me his usual pep up speech that he has given me before every race I've ever run, every ballet recital I've ever performed in, every pageant interview, basketball game, etc.  He always knows what to say.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was at peace, a few butterflies, but my nerves were fine. I could have let the size of the crowd I was about to walk through intimidate me but I was just so thankful for everyone that was there... it meant so much!

 I love this picture below because my mom is the first person you see in it. I know how emotional and proud she was of her "big girl" walking down the aisle! She could not have been a more beautiful mother of the bride that day.

Photobucket

My emotions turned a little shaky when I saw my groom waiting for me... You can tell in the picture above that I had to put my head down for a second... {and I was probably being bashful because I do not enjoy being the center of attention}.

Photobucket

My Dad gave me away and then went to go stand beside Aaron... HILARIOUS but very special to me.

Photobucket

Evidently we were both not paying attention during the rehearsal the night before because instead of locking arms to face the pastor for the sermon, we held hands and faced each other the entire time. HA! It's ok though, we didn't mind having our eyes on each other that long.

Photobucket

Reverend Jeep Sullivan preached the sermon. He is a very close family friend to Aaron and it was only fitting that he play such a special part on the most important day of our lives.

Photobucket

The man we chose to read us our vows- the most important part of the whole entire day, the reason for this celebration- was Aaron's Dad, Dr. Stan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We repeated our vows to each other {while we were both trying to swallow the lumps in our throats} and exchanged our rings...

Photobucket

And we sealed our commitment with a prayer. Meanwhile, Aaron's Uncle Scott- Dr. Stan's younger brother- sang "My Tribute." {or you might recognize it called "To God Be the Glory"}

Photobucket

When the song ended, it was time to be pronounced HUSBAND AND WIFE... I was excited and a little emotional, can you tell?

Photobucket

What was really special about that moment is that Dr. Stan called Julie and Jessica to help "pronounce" us man and wife! My Dad was so proud.

Photobucket

And then Aaron just LAID ONE ON ME. No complaints here!

Photobucket

And we were officially MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

To God Be the Glory!

Photobucket

And that's a reason to celebrate!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After eight years of being "boyfriend and girlfriend," we were finally husband and wife. 

Photobucket

And that was the main reason it was "The Happiest Day"!

I'll be back for Round three in the next couple days... Thanks for reading and thank you to all you heartfelt commenters!

2 comments:

  1. O JILL :) I LOVE these Volume 1 and 2! Hurry with Volume 3!!!!! Ya'lls wedding so absolutely beautiful ;) You looked amazing! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I am absolutely obsessed with your blog! All my friends make fun of me but I love it! Keep them coming, your wedding was so beautiful! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...