Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bobbin' and Weavin'

... is what I've been doing a lot of these days.

Photobucket

Between working hard, running hard, a very in depth Bible study, housework, and family, I haven't exactly made much time for blogging... or taking pictures for that matter. I have noticed that most of my posts capture events and every "happy little thing" that goes on in our lives and while those are the times I definitely want to document I also feel the need and dare I say, conviction, to be more REAL with you strangers readers also. I guess I just assume that the mundane will not interest you and you will x out of this screen... and quite frankly, I don't blame you! So, if you're really bored and desperate for something to read here ya go! :)

I am a "lister"... meaning, I prefer organizing large amounts of information into bulleted form...you know, to simplify it. I guess I could admit that it calms me to do so. Any other OCD people like that out there?? {Well actually, I have so much to say today it'll just be split up into mini paragraphs. Sorry, I just have a lot to catch you up on!}

I have been a very busy working girl these days... This little Monday-Friday 8-5 job is something I am extremely thankful for. The people I have met, both coworkers and patients, the experience I have gained, and not to mention the little extra padding in the bank account is always sweet. However, I have figured out that the absolute latest I can go to bed is 10:00 or I'm no good the next day... How pitiful is that? I am so dad gum high maintenance when it comes to sleep! I hate it! Arg!{Can you tell?} But other than that, I really can't complain... I'm just thankful to have a job in my unique situation of a life.

Marathon training has influenced the high maintenance of my sleep habits a little bit I think... When your body has run for twenty miles straight or even ten for that matter, it tends to tire out a little faster for a few days afterward. Courtney and I have been chuggin' on along training for these 26.2 miles we have to endure in a couple of weeks. It hasn't been painless by any means, but the quality time training together has been so good for both of us. And you may wonder how BORED we must be to run for hours and hours but when you've got the company of a best friend, a bunch of cute coastal cottages to drool over, and this view of Mobile Bay most of the way... I'd say we stay pretty entertained!

Photobucket

On a beautiful day for a long run, we set out for the open trail and it looks like this...

Photobucket

When we are finishing up it looks more like this outside...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Let me just {bitterly} brag on my husband and father for a moment. Last week they up and decided that they were NOT going to be spectators in this half/full marathon that me, Court, Mom, and Jessica are running in so they decide to start "training" for it. {Please keep in mind it's in 2 weeks}. They both don't even remember the last time they ran more than three miles... it's sickening. But oh wait, it gets worse! Last Sunday Dad goes out and runs six miles like there's nothing to it... {Mom tried to be happy for him.} And one day last week, Aaron up and decides to just see if he can run a half marathon {13.1 miles}. Well 13.6 miles and 1hr and 50 minutes later, I get a phone call {at work, mind you} that he's ready for the race! I didn't know whether to be pissed off or excited... I was a little of both I admit. I guess I will just swallow my pride and admit that my husband and my father are both pure bred athletes and I am very proud of and disgusted by them.

This past weekend, Dad and Aaron threw their duck hunting plans out the window when the girls {Julie and Jessica} announced they were coming home. Sometimes girls just have that affect on boys... :) The weekend was restful, busy, hilarious, and when you put all six of us together, it's non-stop entertainment. If only you could be a fly on the wall. Saturday night we all went out to eat at this Italian cafe at the beach and had dip cones from Dairy Queen for dessert... We get to do really fun things like that when the guests of honor come home. Well, at least we think it's fun!

Photobucket

In other news, I have just started this Bible study... "A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place" by Beth Moore and each day I do the reading and studying, I learn something new. I need Bible studies to keep me in the Word daily, otherwise I find myself filling that time with other things that I think I "need" to do. The main concept we are realizing as we study is God's pursuit of man. We are being shown examples of this all throughout the Old Testament and what is so comforting is that although the world has changed, God is still the same and he still actively pursues fellowship with us. Mmm mm mm... that simple concept blows me away.

"The eyes of the Lord range throughout the Earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9 I want His eyes to land on my heart... that's all I can say.

Well, it's past ten and my eyelids are getting verrry heavy. And since this has been an extremely "verbal" post, I will end with a pretty picture for your viewing pleasure.

Photobucket

Thanks for reading readers!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures Jill! Good luck with the last few days of your marathon training. I hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the marathon Jill. I have run 3 half marathons and I could NEVER do a whole one. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Jill!! You're filling your time with GREAT things!! I'm the same way about sleep....you're not the only one, don't worry!! Good luck on the run. I know how "annoying" it is when your husband is good at everything. Ugh!!! Haha that's why we love em. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love how you crank out weeks and weeks of training and the boys can just walk out the door and run without restraint? haha makes me jealous! So glad you're getting time at home and good time with the Lord! I'm with you on the lists/need for a directed study!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...