Monday, October 27, 2014

Harlan is here!

 photo DSC_9094_zpsfeb794f9.jpg

John "Harlan" Calhoun entered this world on October 16, 2014 at 7 pounds 11 ounces and 21 and 1/4 inches long. Courtney and Clay have made the transition beautifully... little love has as well. 

 photo DSC_8949_zps8a5428ec.jpg

I was scheduled to work on his birth day but thankfully all I had to do to see Court was walk through a set of double doors. I was able to spend some time with them that morning before my work day started and right before Harlan decided to make his debut. My little bambino must have sensed that Harlan was on his way because he/she was kicking up a storm! {Which is one of the sweetest feelings in the world I must say.}

 photo IMG_3983_zps277350b6.jpg

Courtney handled the delivery {and everything that goes with it} with such poise. She was smiling, calm, and instinctively started mothering as soon as that baby was in her arms.

 photo DSC_0905_zps39969502.jpg

Clay was such a proud Dad!

 photo IMG_3984_zps73dc1006.jpg

Family and friends came from far and wide to meet the little guy. He's been quite popular since his birth day.

 photo DSC_0899_zpsac79e7b9.jpg

The new family of three have made it home and Courtney says it's been a "living and learning" kind of transition... I can only imagine. Look at how beautiful Harlan's nursery turned out...

 photo DSC_8841_zps558c1aee.jpg

 photo DSC_8844_zpsa85f0ec5.jpg

 photo DSC_8902_zps6ce76f41.jpg

The "brothers" have had to do some adjusting as well... they have learned they have to be "gentle" around the baby... and most of the time you can tell they are reeeeeally trying to be and it's hilarious.

 photo DSC_9039_zpsd70d500a.jpg

We just couldn't resist getting a picture of this little punkin' with Court's fall decor ;)

 photo DSC_9063_zps11bc8d95.jpg

 photo DSC_8876_zpsba20c14b.jpg

I come over to see this little man and his momma every day that I can... He loves his Aunt Jill to hold him and his Mom loves the coffee and treats I bring her ;)

 photo DSC_8909_zps645012d6.jpg

He has been just the sweetest baby. So far, he has his Daddy's chin and his Momma's laid back temperament. {I'm knocking on wood as I type this} I told Aaron not to expect our little one to be quite this chill... ha!

 photo DSC_0926_zpsdf6257d9.jpg

 photo DSC_8969_zpsf0a97ef2.jpg

 photo DSC_8865_zps9253aa29.jpg

Sometimes when I hold little John Harlan my heart literally swells and starts to ache because I just love the little bug so much... I think it's because of how much I love his mom. Seeing her go through this major life transition so gracefully has been inspiring. Every time my little one starts kicking Harlan while he's on my belly makes me so thankful my heart could just burst. Maybe they will be best friends just like their Mommas and Daddies are.

 photo DSC_0910_zps75a9cb73.jpg

 photo DSC_0933_zps0f84aad9.jpg

You are so loved John Harlan Calhoun.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this Jill! So glad to see more pictures of sweet baby Harlan and precious Courtney and Clay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet baby is just precious. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...