Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Spring Highlights: Weekend at the Camp

 photo DSC_0236_zps0cd6593f.jpg

The little red beauties above were not present at "the camp", but down by the bay. As you know, my blog has been a little sparse the last twelve months due to a major priority shift in my time... I've kind of made it a standard that if my man is missing me, my home is a wreck or I am sleep deprived or all of the above... my blog gets the shaft... like I've said before, something's gotta give. 

 photo DSC_0272_zps25bf6380.jpg

But, I will have you know, we did have several fun weekends over the past few months that I would love to share with you! I guess it's because we were basically nomads for the first three years of marriage that I start to get antsy when I haven't "gotten away" in a while... I love where we live, but I also have grown to love a change in scenery too.

 photo DSC_0277_zps10c2df45.jpg

We took a short and sweet little weekend trip to Courtney's uncle's huntin' camp so the boys could turkey hunt... and turkey hunt they did!

 photo DSC_0259_zps0f6ad766.jpg

There was a lot of hunting, trail running, reading, movie watching, cooking and eating that went on... To me, you just can't go wrong with a weekend full of those things. 

 photo DSC_0291_zps498c7818.jpg

Have y'all read the book in the picture below? Most of you are probably like, "yeah, years ago..." I'm always super late jumping on the bandwagon when it comes to good books, but if you have not read this book, I HIGHLY recommend it. You talk about a perspective changer... and I could hardly put it down all weekend!

 photo DSC_0327_zps63480785.jpg

The boys requested "country food" and that is what they got... We fried the turkey {breast} they killed and it was absolutely delish. 

 photo DSC_0309_zps7a8c2cde.jpg

We love our best friends... and they love each other!

 photo DSC_0310_zps0691deaf.jpg

And no, we were not in Kenya on safari, we were in Alabama...

 photo DSC_0322_zps7540d7de.jpg

Weekends like these helped refresh and recharge my mind, not to mention spend quality time with my man and our friends... There are more posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...