Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Fabulous Feast

Just what you wanted... more Christmas!! Hey, at least I'm blogging... and this post is about food... enough said.

Photobucket

For the past several years, we ( my mom and sisters and I) have made cooking up a fabulous Christmas Eve feast a tradition. We all contribute to the menu by browsing through cookbooks, pinterest, etc and come up with a fabulous feast to prepare.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This year, I took it upon myself to plan and make most of the dinner and my mom made the meat. I wasn't complaining because I have been having cooking withdrawals with the busyness of school... Meaning, I've been whipping up more "quick and easy" meals {if anything at all} rather than being able to go all out and make a meal extra special. Would you like to know what was on the menu? (The colored recipes are linked to where I found them online. The other ones I just made up.)





Sauteed Lemony String Beans

Creamy Orrecchiette and Cheese


With all the craziness in the kitchen I wasn't able to photograph everything, but I did capture the beautiful souffles!

Photobucket

... and the Cranberry Brie bites.

Photobucket

I love to cook for my family and test new recipes. They are the perfect guinnea pigs! And when I find a dish that they all rant and rave about, I know it's a keeper. And it never hurts to have a little constructive criticism on how it can be made better next time. That's what cooking is all about.

Photobucket

The food and table decorations were way fancier than our attire, but that's the beauty of family... who the heck cares!!

Photobucket

The food was delicious, the conversations reflecting on what we are thankful for this past year were rich, and the company... well it was all of my favorite people... so yeah, that was my favorite part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...