Friday, July 13, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Last weekend was my birthday weekend! My sister so kindly reminded me that I'm halfway to 50...  But, 25 started out pretty sweetly with this ice cream cake my mom made.

Photobucket

Our weekend was spent in the backwoods of Mississippi in a cozy cabin on my aunt and uncle's land.

Photobucket

We enjoyed the views and swung on the ginormous rope swing...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We laid around and talked and visited...

Photobucket

We watched the rain...

Photobucket

Photobucket

... and caught and cleaned fish...

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ate and ate and ate and ate some more...

Photobucket

{I'll blog about the recipe for this Homemade Orange sherbet on a later date}.

Photobucket

... and these stray little puppies enjoyed a rib each...

Photobucket

They were sweet little homeless munchkins!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Remember the ginormous rope swing I mentioned above? 

Photobucket

Notice there are two platforms to jump off of... One for weenies and one if you're hardcore. I was a weenie at first but then I graduated. It was SO much fun!! {I was sore for three days}.

Photobucket

Some had to be drug coaxed...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The rope swing provided hours of free entertainment for Grandmomma and Grandadaddy and the puppies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks to my family {and friends}, my 25 years of life have been filled to the brim... in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...