Monday, August 1, 2011

Some Things Never Change

Photobucket

Mom and Dad used to tell us, "You're friends may come and go, but you will always have your sisters."

Photobucket

Photobucket

As we've gotten older, that little saying of theirs has become more and more true. I think one of the reasons I want girls one day is so they can be sisters! It's so much fun... and at times, dramatic...

Photobucket

but so fun!

Photobucket

We had a little beach day this weekend and yes, we busted out the goggles. We're so over being "cool"... oh wait, I've always worn 'em!

Photobucket

Dad and Aaron joined in on the fun too!

Photobucket

After their wiffle ball game of course...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know, his shoulder looks strong, too bad looks can be deceiving! :(

Photobucket

We spent our Saturday body surfing waves, swimming in the ocean, playing wiffle ball, biking 55 miles, and consequently, laying on the beach. Yes, 55 miles was the longest we have ever ridden and the last 10 miles I didn't know whether to cuss or cry. But we did it! And our day playing and relaxing on the beach was that much more rewarding.

Photobucket
{SOMEBODY needs a bang trim!}

Photobucket
{SOMEBODY set the ISO too high! Oops}

Photobucket

Can you tell we were excited to be at the beach?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

... and it looks like everyone else in southern Flora-bama had the same idea!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The "gang's all here" and life is good.  Mom and Dad are on cloud nine and we're thoroughly enjoying being "the kids" again. 

Photobucket

I guess some things never change!

3 comments:

  1. You are SOOO right!! There is nothing like a sister! I don't know what I'd do without mine! And 55 miles? I am impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill! I loved this post! It made me smile seeing all of your sweet family together! Miss all of the Carters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are the cutest!! Love me some Carter sisters :) But seriously, there is nothing like having a sister--not just one though but two!! So glad to see you and Aaron made it back safely and that you and your family are all together again :) Love you girl, and hope to see you in Starkville this fall!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...