Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On Leaving... and 36 hours later

Photobucket

As I've said before, transitions are difficult for me... I think it's because I easily get attached to people and places and I refuse to change to "protect" my emotions. Once I get settled into the idea of what's next, I'm good to go. When we found out last Monday afternoon that we would be leaving Washington {the next morning}, it took me a couple of hours to process the idea... Aaron even noticed I was being quiet and he was like, "Are you sad about leaving? Aren't you excited to go home?" And of course I was excited to come home! But I had to take some time to mentally process what was going on before I could get excited about leaving. I even had a mountain to hike and a mexican dinner date with the two lovely ladies in the photo above... and because I only had half a day to pack up our life, I had to cancel and say goodbye via text message. {Not exactly a "pro" of this "pro baseball" life.}

Photobucket

When I broke the news to our little furry friend, he was startled and sad for a few minutes...

Photobucket

... and then he decided he might as well live it up while he still could.

Photobucket

I miss him still, but seeing my now, one, little hunny bunny when I got home eases the pain.

Photobucket

As you saw in the last post, we had a bee-U-tiful drive home.

Photobucket

And if I'm going to ride in a car for THIRTY SIX hours, their darn well better be pretty things to keep me entertained! :)

Ok so, driving through Kansas with nothing but fields as far as the eye can see was pretty and all, but I had to break out a book after a couple of hours.

Photobucket

After a violent bout of food poisoning {McDonalds, Taco Bell, Sonic... who could it be?}, a detour onto a private dirt road in the middle of nowhere so I could pee, {I was on the verge of tears I was in so much pain, ok!?} and suffocating new temperatures to get adjusted to, and just in case you didn't read the title- 36 hours in the car, we finally set our feet on southern {Mississippi} soil!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We stopped off at Aaron's parents place for the long weekend and enjoyed the rain, fresh vegetables, and the fellowship of course.

Photobucket

Mrs. Vickie and I did a little summer cleaning and I came across this article from back in our college days...

Photobucket

Without trying to sound too dramatic, can I just say that I crave and dare say hunger for the day when Aaron pitches healthy again? One of my absolute favorite things to do in life is watch my boy pitch. How could I have once taken his health for granted? Arg!

And speaking of baseball...guess who came to visit us?!!!!!! {Besides my baby sister whom I haven't seen for MONTHS! Seeing her was pure bliss.}

Photobucket

Brad, Emily, and Belle!!!!

Photobucket

We had so much fun being reunited with our special friends. Gosh, when you go through this baseball life with companions such as these, much less live with them, you bond... and it's a tight one.

Photobucket

Their visit was full of all things redneck southern and we enjoyed every minute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And my Bellie... we must not leave out this little lady.

Photobucket

She arrived in style, as always.

Photobucket

Made herself right at home... {eating Charlie's food -my MIL's little dog}.

Photobucket

... and politely begged for our food when she wasn't trying to eat the bite we were already chewing.

Photobucket

and of course, she enjoyed snuggling with her aunt Jilly!

Photobucket

It felt so good to be reunited with such special friends... human and canine.

It's also so comforting to be back home, so close to family and friends. I have made the transition physically, mentally, and emotionally and I'm perfectly content right where I am.

Yesterday, we drove to Pcola to see Dr. Andrews {more on that later} so we can officially say we have driven across the WHOLE country {diagonally}! We are now back in Fairhope for the rest of the offseason and life is good.

Thanks for reading folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...