Monday, May 2, 2011

From my Camera

Photobucket

Well y'all, after 24 hours of driving -or riding in my case- we have made it to the wild west and I've been getting us settled into our new condo all morning. I've unpacked, scrubbed, dusted, and organized so I think it's time for me to take a break, sit here with the little lady, and blog about all the pictures I just transferred from my camera to my mac.

Photobucket

I miss my family and the hunny bunnies. They're sweet brothers...

Photobucket

They really love each other. Sorry if you're not a cat person... I am and I always have been. {As long as they're sweet}.

Photobucket

We celebrated Easter at my Grandmomma and Grandaddy's with my Dad's side of the family.

Photobucket

The table settings were exquisite and the food was delicious. I wouldn't have expected anything less.

Photobucket

Too bad I was too intent on scarfing down my food to get a picture of it!

*Insert sidenote: This pretty girl, along with my Dad {and my mom, who smoked the half-marathon}, ran her first MARATHON on Saturday! I'm so proud I can't even stand it! *

Photobucket

And of course, we had an Easter egg hunt... I was hardcore. It was so much fun!

Photobucket

Moving onto our 24 hour trek across the country... {literally!}

Photobucket

The landscape was beautiful... {not all of it, but most of it}

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were tons of windmills in Texas and they're being put to great use because we were getting blown off the road some of the time due to the strong winds.

Photobucket

We even drove through the hazy smoke from all the wildfires... obviously, it limited visibility.

Photobucket

And on another "windy" note, we saw our fair share of dustdevils throughout New Mexico...

Photobucket

... and the terrain turned very rocky.

Photobucket

After a good ten hours of staring into nothingness, it was a nice change of scenery.

Photobucket

I wasn't complaining about mountains either.

Photobucket

While driving through the Texan desert {and feeling very delirious} Aaron claimed this mountain.

Photobucket

So I decided to claim this one. {I think we were reeeally out of it.}

Photobucket

When we arrived in sunny Scottsdale I completely "came to" and we were reunited with Brad and Emily and Belle and her two ears.

Photobucket

So needless to say, the weary travelers have made it to Arizona and are all settled in praise the Lord!

That's all for today folks but stay tuned if you want to see Scottsdale!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is about Texas, but they love to put letters on their mountains...we have one with an "A" on it in El Paso! Glad y'all made it safely...driving to EP took 22 hours...I was so ready to get out of the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie and I did the drive from Tuscaloosa to Tucson in July and LOVED it! I loved watching the terrain change and taking pictures. :) You and Aaron are so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...