Friday, January 7, 2011

One Year of Blogging

Photobucket

Before a year ago, I barely even knew what a blog was. Actually, to be totally honest, I just flat out didn't have a clue about blogs. {I really do not like the word "blog"... it's so nerdy!} Sometimes I refer to it as my "online scrapbook"... and come to think of it, that's even worse.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I, a technologically ignorant person, started this "online journal" out of coaxing from friends, the realization that Aaron and I are currently making some pretty cool memories that I want to always remember, and the fact that I am not a "scrapbooker" nor a very good facebook updater {is that even a word?}.

meandaw

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blogging has become a creative outlet for me and an opportunity to channel my inner "yearbook nerd." I was on the yearbook staff all through high school and ended up being the Editor my senior year and I loved every single minute of it... the writing, photography, layout design, and even stressful deadlines. Did I mention our book won state and national awards??! Gosh I'm a nerd.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really and truly appreciate each of you readers and it always makes my day to hear from you {comments, facebook, and email}. I am humbled that you would want to take the time to see what we're up to and "follow" us on our journeys.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My goal is to tell "Our Story" in words and pictures so that I will always be able to look back at the ways God has blessed us in where we've gotten to go and who we get to meet... not to mention recording the little "everyday" details of life that I know I will quickly forget.

Photobucket

And yes, blogging has turned me into: "the dork girl with the camera around her neck always stopping to take pictures of every little thing." Oh well, I am what I am! {and I have a very patient and understanding husband}.

I hope you have as much fun reading it as I do writing it!

1 comment:

  1. Nerd or not, I just found your journal, er blog, er, scrapbook, uh story, - yes that's it - story. I have read through the first four months, and I must say you are getting better and better at the writing, and the photographs. You two seems to truly have an amazing life together, full of adventures and just plain fun.
    Thank you for sharing this little snapshot of your lives.
    Wishing you and Aaron more magic as you draft your lives together.
    Warm regards,
    Dedra Lipscomb, Fairhope (former Fairhope Middle School English teacher)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...