Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Visit with the Corleys on the Coast

Hello :)

Photobucket

It's Tuesday night and I'm just now recapping our wonderful weekend but better late than never! Aaron and I took a little trip to Bay St. Louis, Mississippi to visit our long lost summer baseball friends Brad and Emily and Belle Corley. Gosh it was so good to be reunited with them... I mean, heck, we LIVED together for three months.

Photobucket

Emily's parents were such fun hostesses and we toured the small but charming little town of Bay St. Louis. {5 years post Katrina by the way}.

Photobucket

Oh, and Belle came too by the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bay St. Louis reminded me of Fairhope in a lot of ways... the coastal cottages, a charming downtown {where Emily and Mrs. Gwen knew someone in every store}, the bay and the boats, the art, etc.

Photobucket

I would say Fairhope is Bay St. Louis on steroids.

I told Brad and Emily that I was just as excited to see my little lady as I was to see them and that's a compliment {to them}! Her little Christmas shirt says exactly what she would say to Santa Clause if she could talk.

Photobucket

{Dear Santa, I can explain...} To look like an angel, she sure knows how to act like the devil and we love her spunky little self anyways! {She doesn't like to get her picture taken, remember?}

Photobucket

Along with a beautiful "creole'style" home, the Myers {Emily's parents} also own a fish camp with stellar views of the river. We hung out here for a little while on Saturday... I wasn't complaining.

Photobucket

Saturday night, Mr. Mike fried speckled trout which was DIVINE and we ate our weight in chips and salsa.

Photobucket

And it's December so of course we had to be festive!

Photobucket

The Myers have a ping pong table and you would have thought Aaron had died and gone to heaven.

Photobucket

One look at Molly, the cute pup in the first picture, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Besides Belle, Molly is the cutest little priss pot I have ever seen. She provided lots of entertainment too.

Photobucket

Our time with the Myers and the Corleys was short but very sweet. We're not sure what this next baseball season will bring but we sure hope we'll all be together {but most of all, healthy}!

Photobucket

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...