Saturday, November 27, 2010

Holiday Appetite

Photobucket

'Tis the holiday season, so food is on my brain. Well, it's always on my brain but whatever. I've been cooking a lot of it and eating a ton of it. As I type, we are cheerin' on the Bulldogs and I'm pretty sure the neighbors are getting annoyed and sippin' on some hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Photobucket

My belly is stuffed with moose chili and white bean crostini. "Where did you get moose meat?" you may be wondering... Well, my Dad killed a moose {at 10 yards} with his BOW last year in Canada and we have thoroughly enjoyed the meat. It's very similar to beef, but BETTER! It's very tender and lean, and not "gamey" at all. We are so proud of our Dad.

Photobucket

It's finally cold here so a bowl of moose chili is just what the doctor ordered! {Pardon the pun!}

On Thanksgiving Day, we made brunswick stew. Instead of boiling the chicken for it, I decided to take Ina Garten's advice and roast the chicken breasts. Oh my word y'all... why have I never done this before?? I usually roast whole chickens and it's always way too much meat for the two of us and I can never get the skin good and crispy... Although I think that problem stems from not having a legit roasting pan but who cares now because I'm hooked on split chicken breasts. These weren't boneless skinless by the way... They were bone-in, skin-on... therefore they were juicy on the inside and the skin was crispy on the outside. Perfection!

Photobucket

It's so hard to make food look as good as it tastes when your photographing it but PLEASE just take my word for it. Not to mention, it doesn't get any easier than this:

Preheat the oven to 400. Generously salt and pepper the chicken and rub each with olive oil. When the oven is preheated, roast them for thirty minutes or until you poke the largest one and the juices run clear. Let them "rest" for about ten minutes so all the juices can redistribute in the chicken. It's simple as that!

Photobucket

Next time I think I'm gonna stick thin lemon slices underneath the skin... I'll let you know how they turn out.

On another food note, Williams~Sonoma has all their pumpkin bread and butter on sale for 30% off and we took full advantage on Black Friday. It made for a delicious breakfast this morning.

Photobucket

And the game is now over and so is this blog post... WRAP IT IN MAROON AND WHITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...