Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Good Things

 photo DSC_0374_zpsfbldqj9u.jpg

This past Saturday was the first day since maternity leave that I have actually laid down on the couch and read a book. It was wonderful. Yes, I'm working "full time" (three hard 12 hr shifts a week) but on my days off, we have literally filled them to the brim with breakfast/lunch/dinner dates, play dates, beach/pool time, hosting friends and family, cleaning/laundry/organizing, kissing Junie's cheeks, you name it... all good things. These good things, while so fun, can be quite exhausting.

 photo DSC_0379_zpsxrj6rybi.jpg

Spending quality time with "my people" is a major priority in my day to day life. However, I need days like Saturday where I stay home and simply lay low.

Our Junie girl is growing so fast as all little ones seem to do... I am literally trying to savor every cuddle, kiss, diaper change, giggle, bath time, feeding... every moment, because motherhood has taken my sentimental personality up about 1 million notches. I'm beginning to realize that the reason our babies grow so fast is because they just aren't babies for very long!

 photo IMG_5750_zps81rlptdb.jpg

Here are a few photos from what we've been up to this summer...

 photo IMG_5788_zpswpalw53w.jpg

{Family pool time}

 photo IMG_5791_zpsq8txilwg.jpg

  photo IMG_5540_zpsphncry8e.jpg

{Play dates with Courtney and Harlan}

 photo IMG_5569_zpsttygoyc8.jpg


 photo IMG_5465_zpsj4hz3fem.jpg

{Fun whirlwind weekends with Jane Gray and James and Brad, Emily, Tucker and Tanner.}

 photo IMG_5600_zps7hqdo8jh.jpg


 photo IMG_5521_zps65nfgfqy.jpg

{An overnight trip to NOLA to spend time with Rex, one of our best friends from baseball life.}

 photo IMG_5518_zpsjg72zqk7.jpg

 photo IMG_5645_zpsbcpjkayn.jpg

{A weekend trip to Birmingham to see Garth Brooks in concert with Courtney and Clay and our first night away from the babes... everyone did fine and June and Harlan received good reports from the grandparents. Honestly, Court and I didn't worry... we just scrolled through pictures on our phone the entire road trip missed them of course!}

 photo IMG_5854_zpshdgb5pbj.jpg

{A picture of my dessert plate from my birthday brunch. I have to add salty bites to cut the sweet... anyone else like that?}

 photo IMG_5735_zps5zv82sum.jpg

{More fun play dates with friends!}

 photo IMG_5832_zpsp04xpvo1.jpg

... and June thinks she's all big rolling over and trying to sit up like a big girl... Her Daddy and her Bri teach her all these new tricks while Mama is at work... and while little milestones are great and everything, it means she's getting big and that is a hard pill to swallow!

 photo IMG_5813_zpsl2tpmqd4.jpg

 photo DSC_0207_zps9utai9yq.jpg

So yes, lots of good things happening right now... I would say I'm trying to stay "balanced" through it all but honestly, I want my life to be heavy on the family and friends time and lighter on everything else... That is what I will continue to strive for. Thanks for reading, readers!

29 comments:

  1. thank you very useful information admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here may help :

    Obat penyakit miom
    Obat untuk penderita kolesterol
    Cara mengatasi biduran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for sharing this very useful information, I am very happy to have found this information that I have been looking for
    Obat Nyeri Dada
    Obat Cacar Air
    Cara Order QnC Jelly Gamat
    Cara Menormalkan Mata Rabun
    Obat Kebas dan Kesemutan
    Obat Infeksi Telinga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing this very useful information, I am very happy to have found this information that I have been looking for
    cara menghilangkan amandel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article
    Cara Ampuh Mengatasi Sering Kencing Penyebab Diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very good and interesting article. I apologize for sharing this article here
    Cara Menyembuhkan Kanker Laring

    ReplyDelete
  6. The information that you have submitted is very useful
    I am very happy because I can find this article that you have written, many interesting things I got after reading it
    It's really a very good site

    Cara Mengatasi Nyeri Leher Cara Menghilangkan Kutil Cara Menyembuhkan Luka Lambung

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very happy to be able to find this good article
    Honestly, this is one article that gives me incredible information and is very useful and very helpful
    maybe I will visit this site again to find other articles that can be useful for me :)

    Cara Cepat Mengeringkan Koreng Obat Pancingan (Nyeri Tenggorokan Saat Menelan) Obat Kurarawit Obat Sakit Pinggang Akibat Kecetit Obat Rangen Obat Sekelan Di Ketiak dan Selangkangan Obat Leuncangeun

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nuhun nya informasina sae pisan kang, nuhun pisan
    Rakana Herbal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. salep cacar air yang bagus

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...