Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fun Was Had by All

Ok so obviously I'm a little late on recording Christmas but hey, better late than never right? 

Well... Charlie {who is Mrs. Vickie's little baby dog} was the life of the party! tried to be a good sport and have fun.

Photobucket

Our Christmas week and weekend was quite the whirlwind and while I didn't record every single little detail, I {or my mother/sisters} did my {our} best to snap the highlights.

Photobucket

Oh, and I hope you've all been enjoying playing with your new toys that Santa brought and/or tallying up Bass Pro gift card money as much as Aaron has.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had our annual Carter-Weatherford Christmas at Aaron's parents house and as usual... Mrs. Vickie was in her element. She looooves Christmas and seasonal decorating.  In the picture above, she's making home made hot chocolate... YUM.

The halls were decked, the tiny tree was trimmed...

Photobucket

Christmas cookies were baked...

Photobucket

and decorated...

Photobucket

Gifts were unwrapped...

Photobucket

... and "imitated"...

Photobucket

... and fun was had by all.

Photobucket

We made a little trip over to Sandhill, MS to have Christmas Eve lunch with the whole Carter side of the family... a tradition we kept every year when we lived in Mississippi. Now that we're four hours away, we can't attend every year but days like these make it so special.

Photobucket

The Carters have expanded exponentially as you can tell!

Photobucket

We spent Christmas morning in Fairhope and continued all of our annual traditions. {one of which was not sleeping late!}

Photobucket

We open presents one at a time so we can see what Santa brought each person... Basically, we drag it out as loooong as and make the biggest mess we possibly can! 

Photobucket

... and we surprised Dad big time with a new .22 rifle that Aaron researched and picked out for him. Can you tell he's excited? Can you guess what Aaron and Dad did all day Christmas Day? Let's just say there were a few squirrels and birds that didn't have a very merry Christmas.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Papaw was there to open presents with us and help cook up a mean breakfast.

Photobucket

... and let me just testify that Pioneer Woman does it right when it comes to a lot of things... and I'd say her Cinnamon Rolls are the best I have ever had. {and cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite sweets}

Photobucket

... and to tell you the truth... I've had my eye on this recipe for a looooong time but anything that calls for "yeast" as an ingredient intimidates me. But, I decided to just bite the bullet and follow the recipe... and it really wasn't hard at all! {Time consuming- but not difficult}

Photobucket

... and everything tastes more festive with a mimosa right?

Photobucket

And you can only imagine what we did the rest of the day...

Photobucket

... and watching our new movies that Santa Clause brought was included in the rest of the fun too.

Photobucket

I hope each of you had a merry christmas with your family and I hope that you can all say that "fun was had by all".

** I will be back very soon with more of the madness we've been up too these past few days- I promise! **

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike! We both made the cinnamon rolls. :) This is my favorite cinnamon roll frosting ever. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...