Friday, June 3, 2011

Randomosity

{Google said my title was actually a word}

Photobucket

This was the rest of my strawberry shortcake one night when I was still at home and Aaron was at Spring Training. He {well, his arm} had had a rough day and I sent him this edible smiley face to cheer him up. He said it worked! :)

I went to update my Iphone for the first time in several months the other day and came across tons of pictures that I would like to share with you.

Photobucket
{sunset over Mobile Bay}

Some of these date back to when my younger sister Jessica used this phone... Yeah, Dad, Julie, and Jessica get all the newest/latest technology that comes out and Mom and I get "hand-me-downs" and please note that neither of us complain... We both are just glad to have a phone that makes calls, texts, and can send the occasional picture. We're not very tech savvy people, and we're totally ok with it. And unless we push a button and the computer crashes {Mom}, the rest of the family is perfectly fine with a technologically challenged mother and sister.

This is currently the screensaver on my phone. Rocky and Rudy- two little brothers {that I rescued a few years ago} that love each other! {except in the mornings when the "Tomcat" comes out in them and they have to go WWF on each other... then they cuddle... I don't get it}.

Photobucket

By no means am I one of those "animals are people too" thinkers, but they do have cute personalities and it can be very entertaining.

Photobucket

They enjoy watching animal cops from time to time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you know me reeeeally well, you will have heard my "animal voice" that comes out when I see a cute animal. So if you know what it sounds like, imagine Rocky saying this {in my voice} in the picture below: What are you doing? What is that? Why are you taking my picture?"

Photobucket

Moving onto our cute canine pet of the family... Her name is Jenny and she is named after Jenny Lake in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We got her right after we moved back to Mississippi from Wyoming. She's a pretty little girl and so is the lake she's named after!

Photobucket

Speaking of being named after things...

Photobucket

This was a friendly little Brittany Spaniel that showed up in my in-law's yard and she is the exact same kind of dog we grew up with when we were little girls. Our Brittany Spaniel's name was Meg... we called her Me-Meg {like pronounced Mam-meg} for some reason. When my parents first got married they had a dog just like this named Jill. {and she got run-over! how tragic!!} They said she was a beautiful little redheaded girl and she could run reeeeally fast... I guess that was nice to hear after I found out I was named after a dog! They loved little Jill to pieces and she was their first "baby". They had two other names picked out for me when I was born {Morgan and Heather} but they took one look at my little red head and said, "She doesn't look like either of our names. She looks like a ... Jill!" And there you have it- that's my name. Even though I'm kind of named after a dog, at least she was cute and could run fast and they loved her with all of their heart. :)

While we're talking about animals I want to show you these little chickadees at Aaron's grandparents house at Easter. They were so cute all huddled up together... I was imagining in my head that they were saying {in my animal voice}, "Let's stick together! It's us against the world!"

Photobucket

Before I headed out west, Mom and Courtney and I went on a bike ride one afternoon. We had been pushing it pretty hard and decided to turn on a little side street to slow down, catch our breath and get some water. Well, after we did all those things, apparently I didn't get the memo that we were done riding side by side and Mom and Courtney filed in behind me ready to go hard again. I also didn't know that it was time to pick up speed and that's when it happened. Mom's front tire {these are skinny-wheeled road bikes by the way} got caught up in my back tire and she proceeded to bust it onto the pavement and before Courtney could do anything to stop she was flying over mom {bike and all} and they both were skidding on the asphalt. All I remember seeing was Courtney's legs flying up in the air.  Me, I came out unscathed... and with a big case of survivors guilt. Courtney was all "skint" up with a big goose egg on her shin and Mother, well, she got the brunt of it:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thankfully they were wearing helmets and no one had to go to the hospital.

Speaking of hospitals, we spent quite a lot of time in them with Aaron before we left. This picture was obviously taken before his surgery... He's alert, crackin' jokes...

Photobucket

and this was after...

Photobucket

I was trying to be nonchalant taking his picture because I knew if he found out, he would hound me about it for the next few hours until the anesthesia wore off. He was really out of it and it was reeeeeally funny. He doesn't remember any of this.

Photobucket

After his surgery and two weeks of rehab, we hit the open road for Arizona and this was about 60% of our diet on the way. The other 40% was Taco Bell and Dairy Queen. Don't you wanna come travel with us? You'll hardly spend a dime! :)

Photobucket

This picture was taken when we first arrived in Scottsdale. My little Bellie was glad to see her Aunt Jilly!

Photobucket

And she loves me even when I hold her up like Simba and sing the Circle of Life.

Photobucket

Speaking of the Lion King, I saw Pumba at the Phoenix zoo!

Photobucket

This was the beeeeUtiful view from one of our runs when I was visiting Jane Gray in San Diego.

Photobucket

When Jane Gray and I get together we get to laughing really hard sometimes... usually over nothing others would think is very funny and when I saw this sign at a shop in Sedona, I had to send her this picture. Can anyone else relate?

Photobucket

Let me introduce you to my favorite grocery store on the face of the planet. I discovered Trader Joes in Seattle a couple of years ago and for the past few years when we've been in Arizona, I have given their store great business. The food is fresh and unique and the store is small and easy to get around. They sell their own brand of most everything and it is all delicious and very affordable. If they would put one in Fairhope... it would do SO well! {Maybe I should write them and suggest it!}

Photobucket

I love my little running path in the mornings.

Photobucket

I'm kickin' myself that I didn't bring my bike out here.

Photobucket

Belle wanted to kick me when I dressed her up and started calling her Mary, quite contrary.

Photobucket

The she realized I was taking her picture.

Photobucket

And refused to give me the satisfaction of looking at the camera.

Photobucket

We moved out of our apartment and into the hotel the other day and we will be here for another week. The only downside about our room is that there's not a mini fridge and if we wanted one it would cost $10 a day... no thank you.

Photobucket

So, without further adieu, meet my milk man.

Photobucket

He's very enthusiastic about his job, can you tell? He ices down my milk for my cereal every day... much cheaper than buying breakfast every morning.

And last but most certainly not least...

Photobucket

This was a common scene at the pool yesterday. All the guys live in the hotel and are out by the pool everyday and in turn, they attract the ladies... These "ladies" were all of about 16 and Aaron and I were cracking up at them... They sat there and stared at the boys all afternoon and occasionally they would get even closer in hopes they would get to throw the volleyball back to the guys. I was wishing I had my good camera to take this picture... I have a feeling I could sell it to a card company and I can only imagine the quote they would put with it. Any ideas??

Well, I've gotta go... the Backstreet Boys are about to perform on the Today show and I'm still a huge fan.  I hope you enjoyed all the "randomosity" in this post. Thanks for reading stalkers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how you warm my heart Jilly. You know I love the simple random things in life. This makes me happy. I love you and miss you dearly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...