Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bye Bye Scottsdale

Photobucket

It's "load em up, move em out" time for us and we're starting out on a 20-something hour drive to Washington in the morning. I can't truthfully say that I'm excited about going back to Tri Cities for another "rehab summer" but I'm definitely ok with it. As long as I'm with my man, I'm totally ok. We found out from another doctor {in Scottsdale} the other day that this season is basically going to be a "wash" and that he should just focus on being ready for Instructional League in September but most definitely next Spring Training.

Patience Jill, patience.

I'm ok with this mainly because there's a bigger glimmer of hope on the horizon that his shoulder is going to pull through for us eventually {according to the Dr}. He even dared to use the word "guarantee" while referring to Aaron's shoulder healing completely... but I decided real quick that I wasn't taking that particular {and extremely encouraging} word to heart... I don't want to be a bitter skeptical person at all, but with all we've been through, I'm just trying to be realistic. Rehabbing from a {serious to your career} injury is such an emotional roller coaster, and riding on it is absolutely exhausting... which is why I have to daily make the choice to be still and know Who is in control. My emotional highs and lows are pointless and a waste of energy. The fact that I know our future is in God's hands is such a relief. No matter what happens with this dern shoulder, we're going to be just fine. We will... I know it! {Jeremiah 29:11}

Photobucket

I'm going to miss our lovely hotel we've been living in...

Photobucket

...and laying out by a pool with waterworks.

Photobucket

Around every corner, you see little white cottontails outlined by the green grass.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They are always "on alert" and ready to jump in the nearest drain if you get too close.

Photobucket

... and that may be because some baseball boys enjoyed catching them and taking them in their rooms!!

Photobucket

Also, there are birds EVERYWHERE around here and consequently, our black truck has a cute white polka dot print on the hood.

Photobucket

I'm going to miss all of the beautiful spanish architecture and modern mountainside homes.

Photobucket

This is the home I would choose to live in here.

Photobucket

Talk about a view!

Photobucket

The valley of Phoenix and Scottsdale is a beautiful portion of the Sonoran desert... and I've learned to appreciate all types of "flowers".

Photobucket

Even though we haven't been playing on a team like we had hoped, Scottsdale has treated us just fine. {Hopefully his right shoulder will get the hint sooner or later.} I hope I will be back soon to record the sights of our road trip. Will you please pray for our safety? Our goal is 14 hours tomorrow.

Twin Falls, Idaho or bust!

1 comment:

  1. Awe Jill! How bittersweet! Such a beautiful place!God is so in control of everything and PATIENCE is sometimes the hardest things, but I know your faith and He has amazing things in store for the both of you! I move to Mississippi in 2 weeks! Can you believe it!? LOVE YOU sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...