Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Berries and Brie Salad

Photobucket

As we inch closer and closer to Springtime, I have been taking full advantage of the ever vibrant produce aisle with this little Berry and Brie Salad. It's very simple... and healthy! You will need:

Spring Mix Lettuce

Photobucket

Berries

Photobucket

Brie cheese

Photobucket

Lemon Juice

Photobucket

Olive Oil, Dijon or champagne mustard, S&P

Photobucket

~ slice up the strawberries {if your berries are still sour, toss them in some sugar to sweeten}
~ slice the brie {or be lazy like me and don't... just use your fork to get a little bit with every bite}
~ it would be really delicious to caramelize some sliced almonds in butter and sugar! Caramelize until golden brown in a skillet and lay on parchment paper to cool and harden. {Sorry for no visual!}
~ at the bottom of your salad bowl, throw in a dollop of mustard, a few squirts of fresh lemon juice, a dash of salt, a few squeezes of black pepper, and whisk while pouring in a few tablespoons of olive oil {I prefer extra virgin, contrary to the photo above}
~ toss all ingredients together in the salad bowl and enjoy this pretty, healthy, "springy" salad!

Photobucket

And because the "feel" of springtime seems to come and go with the presence or absence of rain {it's warm and sunny one day, and cold and dreary another day} I will show you one of my new favorite comfort dishes...

Julia Child's Cheddar Souffle

Photobucket

{I promise it was puffed up and beautiful until I took the time to get my camera out}

It was absolutely delicious and if you have her cookbook {Mastering the Art of French Cooking} I encourage you to try it. The thought of typing out that entire recipe right now is too overwhelming so I'm just going to encourage you to get the cookbook! 

Feel free to add or subtract anything from this recipe... that's the beauty and flexibility of a salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...