Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Minimoon in the Mountains {Part Two}

Hey y'all! I know in the last post I said I would be back "soon" and well, I guess I lied. It's been a whirlwind around here of unpacking, organizing, catching up with family and friends, cheerin' on the Dawgs, YOU NAME IT WE'VE BEEN DOING IT. And the thing is, I'm not even half the way done with everything but if I don't hurry up and post this, I'm afraid I'm going to start forgetting!

So here's Part Two of our Minimoon in the Mountains and some other stuff too.

Photobucket

We spent one more day in Yellowstone where we visited Old Faithful, and all the geysers and hot springs. Aaron was pretty impressed with Old Faithful... he was not expecting it to be so huge and powerful. (If you didn't know, Old Faithful got it's name because you can literally predict when this geyser will erupt. Over time, it has become a little less "faithful" though.)

Photobucket

This is "looking up" when you enter Old Faithful Inn. I love all the rustic lodges out there.

Photobucket

I took some really cool pictures of the hot springs and geysers that we saw and what do you know, somehow I deleted them from my iPhoto when I was trying to get my computer to act right and now I can't retrieve them. I'm so technologically challenged and I hate it! (I'm sure my closest friends and family reading this are just nodding their heads.) I want to show y'all though, so I'm borrowing some pictures off my parent's computer that were taken last summer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While riding through the park, we came across this big bison cooling off in the Yellowstone River.

Photobucket

And lo and behold, we drove up and like idiot tourists got out of our car to view a MOMMA GRIZZLY AND TWO BABY CUBS feeding about 25 yards down from us! The way the hill was sloped we considered it safe enough to get out because if she felt threatened we could just hop in our car a whole lot faster than her big hiny could climb up the hill.

Photobucket

The cubs were precious and very active so my pictures of them aren't very "posed" but you get the idea. They were so cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We actually saw no black bears the entire trip but we saw four grizzlies! I'm telling you, usually it's the other way around but we weren't complaining!

It seemed like every tree in the park had some type of rub on it... whether from an elk or buffalo... Mr. Hunter over here had to get a picture by one.

Photobucket

We drove around Yellowstone Lake and the water was so blue.

Photobucket

We spent some time in the Hayden Valley and saw a wolf pack about two miles away with a nice man's scope... that's how you normally see wolves.

Photobucket

We then made our way back to Jackson Hole and saw a beautiful sunset over Jackson Lake.

Photobucket

One day we drove over to Gros Ventre. (pronounced Gra-vont) It's a landslide that happened many years ago and it's a different looking landscape than the rest of JH.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After Gros Ventre, we made our way to see Cunningham Cabin. I cannot believe people actually lived in cabins like this in the dead of winter.

Photobucket

And then we headed over to Oxbow Bend for a beautiful view of Mt. Moran.

Photobucket

The moon decided to show up over the Tetons.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And our last day in Jackson Hole was over.

Photobucket

I know I said I was "semi-excited" to leave JH but really in truly it was just the first time I've left without my eyes watering. I just love it out there and if you've never been, I urge you to go! Being there without my whole family was kind of a different feeling and Lord knows we missed them... but that just gives us all an excuse to head out there together sometime in the future. How about I show y'all the rest of our roadtrip? It was beautiful.

Photobucket

This is the Wyoming and Colorado part... the other beautiful parts got deleted :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

We made it into Denver after a full day of driving.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went to a Rockies vs. Padres game and yes, all but one of my pictures have disappeared.

Photobucket

Coors Field was huge, loud, and so much fun. It sure would be nice to be up there one day and if that's what God has in the cards for us, I won't be complaining! If it's not, we will still be content! But DADGUMMIT it would be a dream come true AHHHHH!!

Well, I would have a bunch more pictures to show you but due to my lack of technological knowledge I can't.

Have a wonderful week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...