Friday, February 26, 2010

Have I missed my calling?

So it has been about a week and a half since Aaron had surgery and I have been playing nurse.
Can you believe I took his stitches out? Here is a picture:


We go to physical therapy a couple of times a week (I go because I love to watch- and I just love anything medical- I think it's genetics) and he does his exercises everyday 3x's a day. He has been so self-disciplined with his rehab and he still works out everything except his right arm! He inspires me :)

I have been doing everything I can to help him in everyday tasks, cooking his favorite foods, and putting that darn sling (he calls it his "life restraint") on him about 50 times a day! This has definitely been a team effort. Aaron is convinced that I should consider nursing but sometimes I wonder if that's just the Loritab talking :) I tell him I thoroughly enjoy taking care of him because I love him.

Because of the surgery and rehab we won't have to go to spring training for the month of March. This is a negative and a positive thing. We are going to miss all of our friends we were looking forward to hanging out with (and living with...) but we do get one more month at home and for the first time Aaron is actually getting to come on a Carter family vacation!!! Every time we go somewhere he never gets to come because of baseball so for Julie and Jessica's spring break we are going to be CRUISIN'!! We can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...